Home Jogja Safe from Merapi, Residents of Refugees Allowed to Go Home

Safe from Merapi, Residents of Refugees Allowed to Go Home

by Admin



Kalitengah Lor residents left the Glagaharjo refugee barracks to return to their homes, Tuesday (26/1/2021). – (Bali Tourism/Hiskia Andika)

Padukuhan Ngrangkah which is about 5-7 meters from the peak of Merapi is still classified as a safe recommendation from the BPPTKG.

Bali Tourism – The Sleman Regency Government returned residents who were still staying in the evacuation barracks in Plosokerep, Umbulharjo, Cangkringan, Sleman. It is planned that the repatriation will be carried out on Saturday (30/1/2021) this afternoon.

Panewu Cangkringan, Suparmono said there was still one family of 10 people who took refuge in the Plosokerep barracks. One family from Padukuhan Ngrangkah consists of 2 adults, 1 baby, 1 toddler, and 6 children.

Previously, they chose to come down and evacuate because they were worried about Mount Merapi which erupted quite large on Wednesday (27/1/2021) yesterday. During the observation period that day there were at least 52 hot clouds of avalanche with the furthest sliding distance of up to 3 kilometers to the southwest.

“Yes, after lunch the family will be sent home,” said Suparmono, when contacted by the media crew.

Also Read:
Using a drone, BPPTKG Ensures that the Farthest Glide of the Hot Clouds of Merapi is 3.5 Km

The repatriation of refugees is also not without reason. According to Suparmono, the Ngrangkah village which is about 5-7 meters from the peak of Merapi is still classified as a safe recommendation from the Geological Disaster Technology Research and Development Center (BPPTKG).

“The return of a refugee family will be coordinated directly by the Laks Unit from the Kalurahan,” he said.

Suparmono said that by repatriating 10 refugees to the Plosokerep barracks, Umbulharjo, there were no more residents in Kapanewon Cangkringan to hang out. Including previously at the Glagaharjo barracks where there were no residents.

Previously, it was known that as many as 187 residents of Kalitengah Lor Hamlet who were in the Glagaharjo refugee camp, Cangkringan, Sleman were officially allowed to return home, starting on Tuesday (26/1/2021). However, a day later, on Wednesday (27/1/2021) afternoon, the increased activity of Merapi forced several residents of Kalitengah Lor to return to evacuation.

Head of Glagaharjo Urban Village, Kapanewon Cangkringan, Suroto previously said that a number of Kalitengah Lor residents returned to the evacuation camp yesterday because they felt uncomfortable at night. So some of them chose to be escorted back to the Glagaharjo refugee barracks.

Also Read:
Starting Safe, Merapi Refugees in Barak Glagaharjo Have Returned Home

“The number yesterday was 41 people in Barak Glagaharjo. But in the morning, 36 people returned. Then there were still 5 people left, and yesterday afternoon they returned. So for the Glagaharjo area, currently there are no refugees,” said Suroto.



You may also like

Leave a Comment